Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Confessions of a Workaholic

I'm scheduled to begin two weeks of vacation tomorrow. Right now I am protesting and saying I have too much to do to take a vacation. This is definitely going to be a working vacation, because I am going to attend some community related and church related meetings, but according to my contract, I have to take time off from my work - so I scheduled two weeks two months ago and then planned to visit my aunt. At this time, my vacation is more scheduled than some of my work weeks have been this past summer, although being the pastor of a small church and working to compete my thesis for a second master's degree has kept me busy. If I'm lucky and manage my time correctly, I just might get that thesis completed during these next two weeks. My big goal is to get my house cleaned so I can host a birthday part for my mother-in-law the day after I get back from visiting my aunt.

Of course I want to have time to sit on my porch and drink coffee and eat a few muffins. Muffins in my estimation are the greatest food ever created. I bake muffins about once a week and I may even post a recipe or two on this blog. If I wasn't a pastor and the coffee shop/food service/restaurant business wasn't so cut throat, I'd love to run a muffin shop that serves excellent coffee.

I've not blogged before and I'm not sure if I'm going to like blogging, but it just seemed like the thing to start doing as I begin my vacation.

No comments: