Sunday, September 7, 2008

100 Facebook Friends

I opened a Facebook account in early July after returning from the General Assembly. I was inspired by our tech savy Moderator and how Facebook might be used in ministry. Today I hit 100 friends on Facebook. Not a big deal to most people, but for a middle-aged woman, who has been somewhat shy, it has been an interesting journey with Facebook. What is most interesting to me is who I have caught up with people from my past and the interesting things they are doing. I also don't just 'friend' everybody on FB. I know well over 90% of the people who are my friends on FB. Classmates from various points in my life, relatives (long lost cousins and those younger generation relatives - nephews and great nephew's and nieces). And for the argument "I'm too old to use the computer; Facebook; the internet = PHOOEY. I've bumped into one of the quilting ladies from the church I pastor and some retired pastor colleagues I knew back in the early days of ECUNET.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that folks I've friended on Facebook are people I know and people who I have had a sustained relationship at various times in my life. I'm kinda of amazed that I've hit 100 friends on Facebook and wanted to mark that milestone.

No comments: