Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Day in a New Pastorate

Today was the first day of my contract with the Belton Presbyterian Church as their half time Temporary Supply Pastor. I am looking forward to serving this congregation located at 122 Main Street in Belton, MO. The historic church building is beautiful and the congregation has been warm and welcoming. The first big gig with this church will be on Friday morning when the church host this month’s Chamber of Commerce First Friday Coffee. I’m baking some muffins for the event and one of the Elders on Session has taken the lead in lining up others to bring breakfast casseroles and scones and fruit for this networking event.

What I found so inspiring today was Bill Tammeus’ post on women in ministry. His post on his blog Bill’s FAITH MATTERS can be found here:

I just found it a nice and gentle affirmation of my own ministry as I began a new chapter in my ministry today.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Congratulatios! I am looking forward to hearing more about your new minsterial position.