Thursday, March 20, 2008

Me as a Knitter - an Intro

I have found a knitting group that I try to meet with on a weekly basis. These women have saved my sanity and I so enjoy the conversations and exposure to other knitters. This of course is in addition to my membership on Ravelry. A great place for knitters and crocheters.

Chelle, who is one of the women in the local knitting group, that is currently meetin at Borders in Lee's Summit at 1:00 pm on Saturday afternoons, created these great questions to get us all aquainted. I thought I'd post my answers on my blog.

Do you knit using the English or Continental Method? Continental Method

Loose, normal or tight knitter? Normal (when I first started I was a tight knitter)

How long ago did you learn to knit? I was in 4th or 5th grade

Who taught you how? My neighbor across the street - Hazel Vadnais

What was your first FO? A yellow headband for a 4-H project

First FO? First Object?

Favorite yarn? Oh that's a hard one....

Any yarn you don't like? Caron had a terry cloth cotton yarn out several years ago I hated.

Projects tend to be what color(s) if knitting for yourself? green, blue and brown

If you knit socks, what is your preferred method (i.e. toe up/cuff down, double pointed needles, 2 circs, Magic Loop etc.) I'm just learning to knit socks so this pair is a cuff down on DP needles

Favorite pattern you’ve knit so far? The sweater I knit my husband, but there was a Tabard I knit in College I really loved too and a sweater I pulled out an old issue of Women's Day that I ended up giving away (Dumb, dumb, dumb thing to do)

Favorite pattern source? I don't have one, but love the internet

Favorite needles? My favorite DPs are Clover. I don't really have a favorite needle yet.

Favorite type of knitting? One big project and then a couple of little projects. In terms of technique, I want to learn a couple of new things every month or so, so am always trying something. I like to do cables.

Are you on Ravelry? If so, favorite thing about it? Ravelry Screen Name: I am Carbby64 on Ravelry. There is so much to like about Ravelry. Patterns are great - a place to organize everything is great - I think my favorite thing is Swaps. I've done three and two more are in the works.

Nicest thing you’ve ever knit: The sweater I gave away! Anthony's sweater is a close second.
Project you get the most compliments on: Anthony's sweater. My Ruana that I finished in January.

Most hated project and why: I knit a striped (a woman my size should not wear horizontal stripes) sweater out of Caron Terry yarn and I hated it. Ended up giving that sweater away too. I hated the yarn. I also am not real happy with the sweater I finished up in November, but I don't hate it so much I won't wear it, it's just not my favorite.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Hey, I found your blog. Your answers to those questions are interesting. Good luck on those Jaywalkers. Mine fit oddly too. I think there's something wacky about that pattern. It's good, but you're right, the sizing isn't quite right somehow.