Friday, March 28, 2008

Great NPR Story this morning - Sermon Illustration Lived Out

I have a terrible cold and so am taking the day kind of slow today.

As I was waking up this morning I heard the a great story on Morning Edition and their periodic airing of Story Corp. I love the Story Corp project because it is real life stories of real people. Real life is so much more interesting than fiction and today's story just proved that to me more.

Today's story by Juilo Diaz, A Victim Treats His Mugger Right was a pefect illustation and embodiment of Jesus' admonishment to turn the other check, found in Matthew 5: 38-42 I cannot wait to use this story as part of a sermon illustration next time I preach this text.

But what is even more amazing is that our world is a really good place made of wonderful people, but our new media doesn't ofetn tell us the good stories of life. That is what I love about Story Corp. It's good news in the midst of a culture that focuses on the bad and sentational.

This story inspired me, made me forget about my cold and how lousey I am feeling and reminded me that we need to live as blessed creatures in the creation.

Oh, and the sun is shining today...

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

I love Story Corp too, and I also love the segments called, "This I Believe."