Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Can Crochet!!


I learned to crochet when was in elementary school (3rd or 4th grade) from my neighbor across the street Hazel Vadnais. Hazel is also responsible for teaching me how to knit. Well I preferred knitting to crochet so never got past the granny square phase but got the basics of chain, single, double, and treble crochet. The thing that threw me for a loop when I was first learning back in the dark ages of the 70's was turning, so I gave up on crochet and focused on knitting.

In my knitting group there are a couple of people who are also proficient at crochet and from watching them week after week and then asking a couple of questions it clicked. I can crochet and so I thought I'd try my hand at making this cute muffin.



How appropriate for a blog called the Corner Muffin Stop.