Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from San Jose

I've been away from the knitting needles for TEN (10) days! I debated about taking my knitting to General Assembly with me and part of me is mad I didn't and part of me is glad I didn't have another thing to carry.

I'm glad I am on 'vacation' this week. I need it to recoup and recharge and figure out how to come back after an amazing experience and pastor my little church where most of the decisions made by the Assembly will not really have any real impact or meaning.

While I was gone I received two lovely swap packages. One from the three month long Summer of Yarn Love Swap: A muffin cook book (with how much I love muffins, I'm surprised I didn't already own this book), two lovely skeins of yarn (Southwest Trading Company Bamboo) with a pattern for a crocheted market bag .... time to really test those crochet skills I say I have, a lovely skein of blue sky alpacas dyed organic cotton, a bag of dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses (which survived the summer heat) and a earth friendly grocery shopping bag. Thank you secret swap partner and I'll post pictures when I get to my camera.

I also received my Knit if Forward Swap package and my spoiler (Kristen) Angel101580 went over the top. Two hanging hand towels, two dishcloths, a mug cozy (which will fit my new General Assembly Mug perfectly!) bracelet row counters in a cute tote sack, and the most adorable sock shaped point protectors. Thank you Kristen and I will post pictures when I unpack and find my camera.

No comments: