Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Angel Food Cake for an Angel

I do not deny that I love my husband dearly. He is my angel and yesterday was his birthday. I baked him an Angel Food Cake from scratch. It's his grandmother's recipe and this isn't the first year I've done this. The first time I baked him this cake, I was deeply disappointed because it just didn't get very big, like the commercial angel food cakes or the mixes. Yet each year DH requests this cake from scratch. He says it tastes better. Well it doesn't taste chemically and I omit the almond extract (I don't like almond extract flavoring...like almonds, just not the extract).

Here's a picture of the cake. It made the house smell wonderful and it's gone. We ate it already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I have the recipe? My husband is another angel food cake fan.

Corinne

Byron said...

Carla - can't say I'm an angel food cake fan but you are definitely a wonderful wife to make it for DH! ;-)