Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recent Knitting – Test Knitting and Knitting in a Meeting

I just finished test knitting a pattern for one of my knitting friends. I was happy to test knit because I got to learn two new techniques. Learning new techniques and stretching my knitting skills is important to me. I learned that I can do lace and will probably knit a lace shawl this year. I have some wonderful deep green lace weight yarn from a swap I was in last year. I also learned to do thumb gussets so I'll be knitting mittens for my great nephews and nieces in Minnesota.

Well here are the pictures of the Missouri Autumn Mitts and you can get the pattern from Celia Ann Knits.



I finished these mitts on Monday during the Presbytery Council Retreat. I usually knit in meetings where I have to sit for more than an hour of so. I hate just sitting and knitting helps me concentrate. Since I go to meetings prepared – I’m one of those who reads everything before I go to a meeting – I can sit, knit and listen and if I think I can add to the meeting, I will speak up.

What was so fun was I was the only knitter in the group of nearly 30 folks until one other Council member came an hour or so late to meeting and sat down next to me and pulled out her knitting. Knitting is viral!

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Love the mitts, and I'm sure you CAN do lace. Once you get started on lace, it's really addictive.