Monday, August 4, 2008

Rental Cars

This past weekend DH and I took a road trip to Northfield, Minnesota for my great nephew’s wedding. My car doesn’t have cruise control and DH’s truck is getting up in miles so we thought a rental car was in order. Usually rental cars work well for us, but this one for some particular reason was not our best rental experience.
It was a Dodge Avenger and the windows were small. I kinda felt like it was a gangster car. The car rental place didn’t clean the car very well. We found someone else’s soda bottle in one of the dash board compartments when we made our first fuel stop…yuck!

We did take this cool picture of horses during this fuel stop and that was one of the redeeming factors from the day.



What we really didn’t like about the rental car was how uncomfortable this car was. It had no lumbar support and the seats were stiff and just not comfortable for a road trip of 8 hours. SO I know not to even look at this particular model when I am shopping for a new car in few years. Oh and the car looks angry…I guess that’s why they named it Avenger.

Because I don’t like to say something bad without pointing out the good in things, I will say I did enjoy the Sirius satellite radio.

The car went back to the rental agency today. I told them about the vehicle. I’m grateful the car got me to the wedding and back, I am grateful that car didn’t break down, and I’m grateful that I know that this is not the car for me. See even a ‘bad’ experience can be a good thing!

2 comments:

Tally Knits said...

Such a great picture of the horses! I love seeing them pass by when we're on the road.

ChelleC said...

Nice seeing you at knitting group today. The sweater you are knitting Anthony is very nice.