Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Sunrise


Now most everyone knows I'm not a 'morning' person. I am a night owl and prefer to stay up and burn the midnight oil. Well I have been challenging myself to see how the other half of the world lives, you know those folks who get up and follow the old Benjamin Franklin adage of "the early bird gets the worm." This morning I was up before the dawn. I made a pot of coffee and went out and sat on my porch. I then had to run back in and find my camera. This morning, because I was awake and enjoying the beauty of creation, was treated to this colorful sunrise.

The sunrise didn't last long before the clouds moved in and about an our later we got some rain that got the sidewalk wet.

It was a lovely peaceful morning and in addition to the lovely sunrise, I was treated to these really cool cloud formations. This is exactly why I love living in the Midwest.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Oh my goodness, those photos are amazing. You really ought to enter them in some kind of photo contest.

Carol said...

I have a similar photo from many years ago. There was a storm that turned the sky pitch black and the wind blew so hard I tought the windows would blow out. When the storm broke the black clouds opened and it looked like the sky was on fire. I love good sky pictures. God makes the best displays that cannot be duplicated.