Monday, May 26, 2008

Flaming Hot 40's Gift Bag


My niece Julie turned 40 on the 12th of May. Her friends in Grand Rapids and her husband tossed her surprise birthday party on the 9th, for which I received an invite but could not attend. I sent her a token of her turning forty, which started off with this nifty gift bag that I designed and made from some yarn in my stash. I filled the bag with my favorite chocolate (Dove filled with caramel) some vanilla body wash and gift card from Target. I hope she liked her gift and the card was not one of the DUMB over the hill cards, instead it was an invitation to her Flaming Hot 40's. I sure had fun putting this gift together and hope she enjoys it half as much as I enjoyed making it.

2 comments:

monique said...

Hi there,
I'm also on ravelry( lavendergirl) and that's where I found your lovely blog.
What a gorgious bag you have made for your niece. How wonderful that you can design them yourself. All I can is follow a pattern Ü.
I will coming back here more.
Take care,
Monique.

Unknown said...

Hi Monique, thanks for stopping by and your kind comments. Carla