Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Swap

I'm going to participate in the Summer of Yarn Love Swap and part of the bargain is to post the questionnaire answers for my swap partner to read off my blog and then blogging during the duration of the swap. Should not have a problem with this. Here's the questionnaire.

  1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? I do both. I prefer to knit and I have been knitting since childhood. I think I learned to knit and crochet when I was 8 or 9.
  2. Do you spin? What type of spinning? No, but I did try the drop spindle in 1976 in a Bicentennial Arts summer school class.
  3. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I really don’t dislike a particular fiber (yes I even like acrylic). I have yarns I don’t like and I have yarns I love. I love Tofutsie sock yarn. I don’t like Regia sock yarn. I don’t have any fiber allergies. I don’t like ladder yarn like Matrix. I like fun fur because I can be creative with it.
  4. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors? Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Pink, Brown are favorite colors. I don’t particularly like yellow as I don’t look good wearing it. I don’t like camouflage.
  5. Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have? Oh where to begin. I love yarn and trying new types of yarns and fiber.
  6. What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I’m on a sock kick since I learned how to knit socks. I knit bags and sweaters and afghans and of course dish cloths. I like to try new things and learn new techniques.
  7. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer? I’m working on a pair of Nutkin socks, a cable bag, and kitchen items for a couple of swaps I’m in. I am also working on a sweater for my husband.
  8. What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.) I tend to post the thing I’m most proud of on my blog. Take a look at my blog photos.
  9. What is your oldest UFO? The sweater I am knitting for my husband.
  10. Are there any techniques that you want to learn? Intarsia, Entralac, socks on two needles and sock on the magic loop.
  11. Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID? I’m on Ravelry and my Ravelry ID is Carbby64
  12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I’m a sock knitter. I have a pretty standard foot. 8” circumference and 10” from heel to toe
  13. Do you collect anything? All kinds of stuff: gnomes, squeeze (stress) balls, plates, coffee mugs, Douglas Coupland novels in First edition, wrist watches, souvenir buttons. (the tie tack kind), ink pens from trade shows,
  14. Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? No…it’s on the wish list.
  15. Do you love sweets? What are your favorites? Not too sweet – chocolate the darker the better, I like Jelly Belly Jelly beans, Peanut M&Ms, salt water taffy.
  16. What are your favorite scents? Patchouli, Citrus, Herbs like Sage and Rosemary and Lavender
  17. Where do you keep your needles/hooks? In a tote bag my mom made. Need to work on that storage.
  18. Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) I do have a Amazon wish list (clgentry)
  19. Having a birthday this summer? Nope…it’s in January
  20. Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! No allergies.

No comments: