Monday, May 26, 2008

Gulity Pleasures - Good Karma Swap


I will be mailing my package to my swap partner in the morning and my contribution to Warm Wollies. I'm sending Warm Woolies this crocheted baby blanket. Part of the bargain on the Guilty Pleasures - Good Karma Swap was that we do something good for a charity and the organizer of this swap picked Warm Woolies as the charity. I've been so swamped lately that I haven't had a chance to knit something for them but had this lovely baby blanket my aunt crocheted and gave to me to give to someone or use for a gift. This was the perfect purpose for this baby blanket and I will be adding Warm Woolies to my list of charities I knit for. I did six hats during Lent for the Seaman's Church Institute which was part of a Ravelry group.

My swap partner for this swap lives in Singapore but is in the US for a month, so I'm sending my package (which is a surprise...but contains some lovely sock yarn, some knitpicks needles, and some Kansas City specialties like Russell Stovers and coffee from The Roasterie. ) to my swap partner.

In turn I received this lovely package of surprises from my swap partner Nikki. The yarns are just yummy. Debbie Bliss (three skeins - enough for a lovely project yet to be determined) some Bamboo yarn and some Fixation sock yarn. Oh am I going to have fun knitting. But even more wonderful are the knitting needles size seven bamboo and size 8 double pointed and the stitch markers. The coffee is decalf and delicious so I can drink coffee into the night without it affecting my sleep. This wasn't a problem until recently.

Well, thank you Nikki for making this a lovely swap.

No comments: