Thursday, May 1, 2008

Socks


They are tedious and they are a small project that packs away well and is portable. They are tedious because they are knit on such tiny needles (size 1 is just 2.5 mm in circumference). I just finished the first sock of my second pair and I am really liking everything about knitting the Flutter-by sock. I started these on April 2nd. Of course with everything I had going in April I didn’t get to knit much. I am going to cast on the second sock, before I go to bed tonight (this morning) I think the second sock will go much faster than #1 since I got the kinks worked out of the pattern. I like the yarn Tofutsie by Southwest Trading Company. I received this skein in a yarn swap and just loved the colors. I have another skein of Tofutsie that is less green and more purple which will be another pair of socks – pattern to yet be determined.

My goal is to have the pair done so I can wear at least one pair of socks I made to General Assembly in June. Of course I’m going to take my knitting with me. I’m just trying to figure out what small project(s) to take with bamboo needles so I can get through airline security.




No comments: