Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love quizes - I'm a Sunflower


I am a
Sunflower


What Flower
Are You?




My friend in Sweden (Carolia) who has this really cool blog called My Living Room, and who I met as part of a Ravelry swap had this quiz on her blog and I tried it and came up as a Sunflower.

I love Sunflowers. I know, I know, I live in Missouri and I'm not suppose to like anything about Kansas. Silly fact of history called the Kansas/Missouri border wars that in many ways are still being fought in unconscious ways in our local culture. Considering I'm not a native of this region I find the unconscious way that the Kansas/Missouri border wars continue to play themselves out in the local scene very interesting.

Well the Sunflower is the Kansas state flower and Sunflowers just make me happy.

I wanted to decorate a room in my house in a sunflower motif, but it evolved into a western motif and we call the room the Santa Fe Room, which is fitting considering that the Santa Fe trail started in this area. The decor is so southwestern and incorporates bits and pieces from my family and dear husband's family. There is still space for Sunflowers when they are in season too!

1 comment:

Carola said...

Hey, you have a blog! I missed that part. Adding you to my favorites immediately!! :)

Finding my friend's on Ravelry blog's are proving to be a part time job LOL - but a fun one.