Monday, May 26, 2008

Swap on a Budget


I've been involved with Ravelry since November. My name on Ravelry is Carbby64. Ravelry is like Facebook for knitters and crocheters. There are groups and many of those interest groups swap stuff. I've become addicted to swaps of sorts in that I like to buy and give gifts and I like to get surprises. One swap I was involved in was called Swap on a Budget. I sent my package off to a woman in Washington state and it arrived at a time when she was having a tough day and it made her day, which made me happy.

Here is the wonderful package I received from a knitter in Pennsylvania (llidle). I am now looking for the perfect one skein projects for the two skeins of yarn. The bamboo knitting needles are a wonderful and of course CHOCOLATE. I like the fact that they are miniatures because it works well for portion control. One should not be deprived but a whole Hershey bar is too much and two or three miniatures are just enough to satiate the sweet tooth. I just love the colors of the bulky yarn and there is probably just enough for a slouchy beret for the winter. The crocheted book mark that Lori made for me, makes me feel special. There really is nothing more touching than a hand crafted gift, especially in our high tech world. The Handkerchief is probably going to end up in a project I've been planning.

My mom had a huge pile of handkerchiefs and I am thinking of making a quilt top from them. There is a butterfuly motif that is made from handkercheifs, but I am thinking of expanding that a bit to other things. If all else fails, I could also use them for making pillow tops. Either way, I digress and I wanted to get this wonderful package posted for the world to see.

Thanks Lori for this wonderful swap.

No comments: